Healthcare logistics company needed to support the overall business strategy by developing a supply chain strategy that would improve performance and create alignment in different supply chain functions
- Used SWOT and Porters 5 Forces models to understand the current state of the supply chain
- Created a mission statement, “To drive value while connecting members to healthcare solutions”
- Aligned existing scorecard metrics to the mission
- Created the pillars of their supply chain strategy using the SCOR (Plan-Source-Make-Store-Deliver-Return) model
- Drove pillars down to actionable tactics that can be implemented
- Did gap analysis to turn their strategic plan into action items with owners and due dates
- MTM’s supply chain and operations team created alignment across various functions and to other departments in the business (sales, finance, marketing, new-product-development, information-systems). MTM has seen improvement in on-time-delivery and labor productivity while reducing complaints.