Schaeffer is a family-owned business that expanded from $10 million to $180 million in sales in the last 20 years. Growth has been accelerating recently and Schaeffer is expected to reach $400 million in sales in the next 5 years. However, systems are still based on being a small company, requiring a lot of communication and allowing supervisors in manufacturing to make important production and inventory decisions.
- Implemented Integrated Business Planning (IBP) so production and inventory decisions are based on forecast and customer orders, not manufacturing supervisors
- Executive S&OP keeps the sales, finance and manufacturing functions aligned on the sales and operations plan
- Optimized the warehouse layout to support the company’s growth
- Fully utilizing the ERP to facilitate business decisions
- Increased inventory accuracy
- Company processes support growth to $400 million